Consumer & Family Advisory Committee
The Consumer & Family Advisory Committee (CFAC) is a volunteer group (consumer and family members of consumers) representing consumers of Partners BHM services. The CFAC's mission is to advise Partners BHM and to advocate on behalf of consumers and families in every aspect of planning and delivery of Mental Health, Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse services.
Members of CFAC are expected to attend and participate in regular meetings and represent all disabilities in the eight county catchment area. CFAC members must be a consumer or a family
- willing to receive training for their role on the committee;
- willing to participate in the CFAC's efforts to link with the State efforts;
- willing to attend scheduled meetings;
- willing to make efforts to be informed about issues affecting persons with disabilities; and
- willing to be open-minded, tolerant, and open to diversity.
From Part 4A of Chapter 122C-170© Local Consumer and Family Advisory Committees shall undertake all of the following:
- review, comment on, and monitor the implementation of the local business plan;
- identify service gaps and underserved populations;
- make recommendations regarding the service array and monitor the development of additional services;
- review and comment on the budget;
- participate in all quality improvement measures and performance indicators; and
- submit to the State Consumer and Family Advisory Committee findings and recommendations regarding ways to improve the delivery of mental health, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse services.
Questions about the Consumer & Family Advisory Committee, and other consumer volunteer opportunities may be directed to Kim Maguire at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-884-2501. To complete the application for the committee, click here.